How to Write a Great 500 Words College Application Essay?
College application essay writer is already a daunting task, and if you got to write it in a specific word count, it becomes a more challenging task. Well! don’t worry we help you out. Read the article and get some tips, how you can write your college essay in just 500 words.
Format Of 500-Word Essay
The format of a 500-word essay is similar to a short essay. Similar to a traditional essay writing service, the basic structure consists of a minimum of 3 paragraphs: one introduction, one body, and one paragraph. Each paragraph is about 80-120 words, and it consists of 4-5 well-written sentences. The main components of a 500-words essay include:
- The introduction paragraph: every essay includes an introduction paragraph. An introduction paragraph is intended to establish the thesis statement to catch the reader’s attention. The introduction paragraph should grab the reader’s attention. The thesis statement is kind of a question that you are going to answer in your essay by providing some supporting facts.
The thesis statement is the central idea of the essay, everything revolves around the thesis statement. This is the point where you make your claim, you present your argument, and then try to answer it in the rest of the essay.
- The body paragraph: a minimum of one body paragraph is included in each essay, the body paragraph provides the supporting points, evidence, or facts to prove or answer the thesis statement. The body paragraphs should be logically connected through transitions.
- The conclusion paragraph: the last paragraph of the essay is intended to remind the reader of the thesis and provide some overview of the whole essay. There is no new information just the final stance about the topic. The conclusion paragraph should answer the question that you have made in the introduction paragraph. It should bring closure to the topic and provides a clear answer.
Tips for Writing a Compelling 500-Word Essay
As we have discussed the basic format of the essay is the same as the format of a traditional essay. Now we are going to see how to write my essay in just 500 words. As we have to cover the whole information in just 500 words, we need to keep the following things in mind.
- You may have a lot of information and 500 words are not enough for them. So, start writing your first draft. Write everything that you want to cover regardless of the word count, write everything. You can shorten the essay in the editing process.
- After you are done with your first essay, do some minor editing. Correct the grammar, check if sentences are in a logical flow. Remove the extra information which is not required or which is not contributing much to the outcome of the essay help.
- Leave it for a day or two. Relax your mind and think of your prompt several times so that you can remove the information which is quite off the topic.
- Have someone read your essay, your English professor, or your academic advisor. Take their advice, it will help you improve your essay.
- Write your second draft, don’t focus on the word count for now. Just get all your thoughts on paper. The second draft is more precise and logical as you have already removed the unrequired information in the editing process of the first draft.
- In your second draft, rearrange the information that you have given in your first draft if required. Think about your audience. What exactly do you want to tell them? What information is more important than others?
- Do more editing, and write your third and final draft.
- Now keep the word count in your mind and start answering the prompt with the most relevant and appropriate information.
- Leave it for a few hours or a day and then get back to your final draft.
- Do the final editing and finalize your draft.
Crafting A Strong Conclusion For Your Essay
Useful Tips to Write A Great Poetry
7 Mistakes You Should Avoid in College Application Essay